The OGSA is an all-volunteer 501c3 non-profit association, and membership dues are the primary source of support for the OGSA's operations, research library, quarterly newsletters and other member benefits. Some of those include:
• Four Quarterly newsletters, 32 pages each
• Free access to the Minnesota Genealogical Society Library, containing OGSA's collection
• Discounts on Ostfriesen Ortsippenbuchs (OSBs) and other research materials, some that are solely
distributed in the US by OGSA
• Discounts on many resources developed by or translated by our members, exclusively available through
• Opportunities to participate in OGSA social and educational activities throughout the year and our
conferences held every two years
• Discounted rates on research requests
• Support for the development and preservation of information about our ancestral Ostfriesen heritage
We strive to keep our membership costs low through volunteers'
efforts and good organizational oversight. To help accomplish
this, we offer membership options that offer newsletters delivered via e-mail
or postal mail with optional e-mail delivery. Electronic newsletters are provided in pdf
format, allowing the use of color photos while printed newsletter
are printed in black and white with color covers.
New OGSA memberships prior to November 1 will be effective for
the calendar year in which you join. For new memberships after
November 1, please notify us if you would like to join for the
current year and obtain a full set of the year's newsletters and
immediate discounts on research materials.
Membership renewals are due by December 1 to allow timely
issuance of new year mailings and the first quarter newsletters.
Please pay early, if possible, and
contact us if paying for your renewal would be a hardship this
Please select your desired option on the pull-down menu below to
join the Ostfriesen Genealogical Society of American (OGSA)
or renew your membership via PayPal or print and send a copy of
the OGSA membership form. We will contact you for the names of
the families you are researching if we do not have them on file.
1. Membership with e-mailed newsletters, USA or worldwide - $22 annually.
2. Membership with mailed newsletters and optional e-mailed newsletters within the USA - $32 annually.
3. Membership with newsletters mailed to you outside the US and optional e-mailed newsletters - $45 annually. Payments can be made through PayPal or our German bank account, if desired.
All members will be sent information on receiving their newsletters for the membership year. Quarterly newsletters are scheduled to be available the first of January, April, July, and October. Click on the Newsletters link to access your newsletters.
A current list of members and their surnames of interest can be
e-mailed to you at no charge or sent via mail for $4.00 upon your
Membership in OGSA is not just for you, it is also for your
friends and family. A membership makes a great birthday or
holiday gift, and your generosity will be appreciated throughout the
Thank you for supporting the OGSA!